Actuarial Science Bursaries in South Africa 2019 – 2020
Bursaries for Actuarial Science are perfect for individuals who have strong mathematical aptitudes as it includes statistics, financial theories, costs and mathematical equations. A strong knowledge in computer programs is also an advantage as one is likely to be using some modeling software.
There are a variety of companies offering actuarial science bursaries in South Africa. Here are some of the companies one can consider if planning to study in this field.
BURSARIES FOR ACTUARIAL SCIENCE
- First National Bank FNB
- Pure Merit & Merit
- Investec Bank
- Sizwe Ntsaluba Godobo
- Old Mutual
HERE ARE THE MOST COMMON CAREER PATHS IN ACTUARIAL SCIENCE:
- Senior Management
- Business Analyst
- Risk Manager
- Financial Manager
- Fund or Investment Manager
- Financial Planer
- Capitol Manager
- Chief Risk Officer
You may also look at the following fields:
- Environmental Finance Manager
- Portfolio Manager
- Sales or Marketing Manager
- Retirement & Health Manager
Controlling risk, investments and finances are a greatly needed by all businesses and industries. Thus, companies seek reliable qualified candidates to assist them, they seek actuarial science majors for this. With a degree in actuarial science, you can enter the world of banking, e-commerce, technology, transportation, oil and gas, government institutes, sales and marketing, environmental industries and so much more.
Applicants wanting to study in this field must meet the stipulations as set out by each company to apply for a bursary. Basic stipulations may include the following and more:
- You must have a valid ID document and be a South African citizen.
- Must have excellent academic records.
- You must have a need for financial aid and proof.
- May be required to provide parents or guardians ID documents.
- Must be able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Exceptional language skills for communication is ideal.
- Must be analytical thinkers with problem-solving skills.
- Must have great mathematic skills and be creative.
If solving mathematical problems and balancing number is what you are good at, then a career in this field may be ideal.